Monday, April 9, 2012

Limitless

Angeleah suggested I watch Limitless:
  1. I usually hate movies too and this was much better than I expected. Also, some scenes have an interesting way that they are filmed. 
  2. The movie has an interesting concept. 
  3. Not a rom-com
Limitless had a premise with potential (guy starts taking a drug that makes you incredibly productive and focused, but there are weird side effects if you take it long term), but I couldn't stay engaged with it. I think it was the part where the guy learned classical piano in like 3 days. This dude seemed way too dumb to do that kind of thing, even with his magic pills. Then they kept adding on additional skills he had acquired from having taken the drug. Multi-lingual? Day trader? Ninja? It was never-ending.

The idea of a pill that makes you uber-productive? This is interesting. But sadly, I just couldn't get into the execution of the storyline. Especially when the one lady was in the park being chased and took a pill and magically knew what to do and how to escape (i.e. acquired Ninja-skills.) What? Eye roll.

I didn't go full-on Elaine Benes/English Patient (can we call that EB/EP?), but I did get caught up on some long overdue time spent with my RSS reader during this flick. However, I finished it. So there's that.

In response to Angeleah's recommendation:
  1. It was better than I expected, too, because I expect every movie to be terrible and this hovered right around tolerable.
  2. Agreed, interesting concept.
  3. Check, no rom-com. And for that, I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment